Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Life Lessons

Some of us are people who learn from the mistakes that others make and some of us need to make those mistakes on our own and suffer the consequences that follow in order to truly learn something. It seems to me that there are somethings that no one else can teach you, things that you have to experience on your own and in the process discover who you are and who you want to be. I would say that I have spent the last month learning about myself and figuring out who I am. There were a few people who did their best to keep me from trying some new things, but I knew that without the experience I could never fully know what I know now. The month was certainly not one that was without lots of tears and hurt, and maybe that is what those few people were wanting to keep me from, but it was a necessary hurt that resulted in some reaffirmation of what I cannot live without. I understand the desire to prevent heartache in someone's life but when it come to something as personal as a relationship, I do believe that it is up to the people involved to make the decisions and over time the right one will be made. In this time I came to understand that above all God is number one and my relationship with Him comes first, and if for some reason it is not where it should be then something needs to change. Also, I now understand the importance of communication and the foundation of a great friendship in any relationship. Without that foundation, conversations suffer and then communication fails. Finally, respect is very very important and lack thereof causes so much hurt that it may take more time than wanted in order to completely heal. I will say that through all God never left, even when I felt so far from Him, and that all persons involved will remain good friends. God never ceases to amaze me and will never hold His will from me or lead me down the wrong path. I do not regret anything that happened and I am learning to be thankful for heartache and the life lessons that came from it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home