Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Have You Forgotten?

Have You Forgotten?

I had this thought the other night, and I know it isn't really anything profound but for the first time I think I really felt this way.

"I am not worthy. I don't deserve anything that Christ offers."

I think I understand how someone can consider everything that they have done and come to the conclusion that there is no way that Christ could want them or love them or even die for them.

I think that Satan has been trying to blind me to the wonderful, beautiful, incredible story of Jesus Christ. Nothing that I have done in my life could possibly earn me any right to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. Salvation is not something that I can buy or work my way into. It is and only can be a gift. God didn't send his Only son to die for people who could be good enough and love enough to get into heaven because such a thing is not even possible. He sent his Only son to die for us because without his gift of grace and salvation there is no way that we could ever enter the Kingdom of God. "The payment for sin and the life that we live without Christ is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 6:23). There is no way that we could ever be good enough to even see a glimpse of eternal life.

"Yes, everything is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. . . .I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God's way of making us right with himself depends on faith. I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead" (Philippians 3:8-10).

Is that not the most powerful thing you've ever heard? A God who thinks so highly of you and knows that you could never be perfect enough to come into His presence gives you a Gift through sacrificing his one and only son so that you can one day be with him for all eternity in the Kingdom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home